- Business logic
- application development
- Visual C#
- Visual Studio
- Microsoft Office
- Exchange server
- SharePoint 2010
- document management
- Web development
- Web sites
- Web Parts
- SharePoint Service Account
- SharePoint administration
Creating a Custom SharePoint Theme Using PowerPoint 2010One of the nice little features of the latest version of SharePoint is that you can quickly create themes for SharePoint 2010 by using Microsoft PowerPoint 2010.
The concept of themes were introduced in SharePoint 2007, and they’re now given a different touch in SharePoint 2010.
In this tip, you will see how to quickly create a theme using PowerPoint 2010 and then import and apply it to SharePoint 2010 site(s).
3. Select DesignàFonts and select Office Classic 2 as shown in figure below.4. Our basic theme is now ready (you can do other modifications but better to keep it simple for now). To save the theme file (.thmx) select File à Save As. On the Save As dialog enter My Custom Theme for the File Name and select Office theme (*.thmx) for Save as type. This is shown in figure below.
5. For importing the theme file into SharePoint 2010 browse to the site collection and go to Site Settings Page. Click on the Themes links present under Galleries section, this will open the Themes Gallery page.
6. Click on Documents Tabs and select Upload Document as shown in figure below.
7. On the Upload Document dialog browse and select My Custom Theme.thmx file that you had created earlier.
8. Your new theme is now available in Themes Gallery and ready for use.
9. In order to apply this new theme to the site, browse to Site Settings page and select Site Theme link present under Looks and Feel section as shown below.
10. On the Site Theme page, select My Custom Theme as shown below.
11. You have an option to apply theme only to the current site or to the current site and all its sub sites, you can choose either option. In this example later is selected as shown below.Finally, click the Apply button to save and apply your changes.
12. My Custom Theme is now applied to current site and all its sub sites. You can browse to various pages in the site to see the theme in action.The following is the default home page of the site with this theme applied.