- Business logic
- application development
- Visual C#
- Visual Studio
- Microsoft Office
- Exchange server
- SharePoint 2010
- document management
- Web development
- Web sites
- Web Parts
- SharePoint Service Account
- SharePoint administration
Book Excerpt: SharePoint 2007 How-To
This book provides answers to the most common SharePoint end-user tasks, as well as some of the more complex problems and tasks faced by content and site managers. From the basics of site navigation to site customization and setting up security, SharePoint 2007 How-To provides all the answers you need.
Using this book's wide-ranging topics, you'll:
- Discover all the core SharePoint components and their practical uses and applications.
- Learn how to navigate around SharePoint sites.
- Find fresh ideas for working with the various SharePoint file formats.
- Practice performing detailed searches within SharePoint.
- Learn how to manage personal sites.
- Create easy-to-navigate organized lists and document libraries.
- Modify and customize list views by using filtering, grouping, and sorting.
- Control user access by managing permissions for lists, libraries, files, and other components.
- Implement and track custom workflows.
- Create sub-sites for enhanced content management.
- Customize the look and feel of a site using custom settings, themes, and content types.
- Manage site permissions and settings for a more secure environment.
Chapter 2, "Finding Your Way Around a SharePoint Site," discusses how to:
- Get to a SharePoint site
- Log on with different credentials
- Change regional settings
- Navigate through a SharePoint site
- Determine whether a site is WSS or MOSS
About the Author
Ishai Sagi is a SharePoint expert who has been working with Microsoft SharePoint since its initial release in 2001. Currently, Ishai is a SharePoint developer and solutions architect in Canberra, Australia. He spends his spare time leading the Canberra SharePoint user group. Ishai has trained numerous end users, administrators, and developers in using and developing solutions for Microsoft SharePoint. He has spoken at Microsoft conferences in countries around the world, including Spain, Israel, and Australia.
A Developer.com eBook
Discover how to start developing for the Android platform with this extensive guide, which provides a reference to the Android platform as well as a look at developing your first Android application. You'll explore the top 10 features for developers as well as learn design and development tips that go beyond the phone and target tablet development as well.